- Text GO to 741741 to reach a trained Crisis Counselor through Crisis Text Line, a global not-for-profit organization. Free, 24/7, confidential.
Movies and TV Shows to Watch
Virtual Zoo and Museum Tours
- Come along on a virtual tour and enjoy the view.
- Experience The Met, Anywhere
- Live cams and videos of your favorite animal.
- Join us on a voyage of discovery in person or explore and learn online.
- Virtual tours of Sistine Chapel and more
- You can experience the wonder of the ocean no matter where you are.
- Be part of the daily lives of the Zoo’s giant pandas, no matter where in the world you’re watching.
- Discover artworks, collections and stories from all around the world in a new way.
- Tune in to the Houston Zoo Webcams
- The National Women's History Museum is an online institution preserving #womenshistory.
Free E-books and Audiobooks
- Enjoy free Kindle books.
- Stream free audiobooks, from kid's books to classics, in 6 languages.
- Listen to actors read children's books on streaming videos
- Access over 60,000 free e-books
- Free audiobooks read by worldwide volunteers
- Free online library of books for kids in 59 languages
- Borrow free audiobooks and e-books with your library card
- Choose from over 600 free e-books, from classics to romance.
- Read digitized books from the archives of the Library of Congress.
- Enjoy e-books for free using your library card.
- Sign up and read Encyclopedia Britannica books for free
- Borrow e-books for free, from hundreds of library collections.
- Free digital picture books with audio for kids.
- Offers a rich collection of free digitized books.
- Explore the world of art through these free digitized books.
- Offers free Kindle books and audiobooks.
- Access free e-books from a huge collection.
- Read online or download, all for free.
- Sign up and download five free books a month.
- Yoga, mindfulness and relaxation for kids.
- A huge selection of affordable and effective workout videos and programs.
- A new online destination designed to inspire people to change their lives and help others
- MMA tutorials, fighter workouts, and easy-to-follow drills
- Free access to hundreds of workouts from celebrity trainers and fitness experts
- Original dance workouts by Caleb Marshall
- 12 science-based exercises deploying only body weight, a chair and a wall
- Effective at-home Pilates mat workouts that fit into your life
- Walk at Home has helped millions of people live active and healthy lives for over 30 years
- Easy workouts for seniors to help improve balance, strength, fitness, movement, flexibility and more
Stress can have lasting effects on your health and well-being. These health effects impact some groups disproportionately – women, for example, are more than twice as likely to be diagnosed with depression compared to men.
Stress is a normal reaction the body has when changes occur, resulting in physical, emotional and intellectual responses. Stress management training can help you deal with changes in a healthier way.
The Stress Management Society is a non-profit organisation dedicated to helping individuals and companies recognise and reduce stress. Since our inception in 2003, our dream has been to create a happier, healthier and more resilient world.
See a daily Stress Management Score in the Fitbit app ranging from 1 to 100—where a higher number means you’re showing fewer physical signs of stress. With Fitbit Premium, members see a detailed breakdown of the three metrics that form the score: responsiveness, exertion balance and sleep patterns.**
Stress management offers a range of strategies to help you better deal with stress and difficulty (adversity) in your life. Managing stress can help you lead a more balanced, healthier life. Stress is an automatic physical, mental and emotional response to a challenging event. It's a normal part of everyone's life.
Effective stress management helps you break the hold stress has on your life, so you can be happier, healthier, and more productive. The ultimate goal is a balanced life, with time for work, relationships, relaxation, and fun—and the resilience to hold up under pressure and meet challenges head on. But stress management is not one-size-fits-all.
The most important phase of stress management is identifying your personal triggers. Start by taking an AIS certified stress assessment. This quick online self-assessment provides personalized feedback on your stress risk scores, followed by a detailed nine-page stress report and a corresponding 66-page Stress Mastery Guide and Workbook.
If you have stress symptoms, taking steps to manage your stress can have many health benefits. Explore stress management strategies, such as: Getting regular physical activity; Practicing relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing, meditation, yoga, tai chi or massage; Keeping a sense of humor; Spending time with family and friends
The stress-reduction approach based on mindfulness practices has … Effective techniques for stress management are varied. They typically include behaviors that improve physical health, such as nutrition and exercise, but may also incorporate strategies that improve cognitive and emotional functioning.
Stress is a normal reaction to everyday pressures, but can become unhealthy when it upsets your day-to-day functioning. Here’s the best science available on what happens to your body when stress hits and how to keep your stress at healthy, manageable levels.