Nov 10, 2022, 8:27 AM Having issues with only 4 of our users (out of ~60) and Outlook on desktop. While open throughout the day, at some point outlook displays the "Trying to Connect..." error on the bottom status area.
This usually happens when you’re using offline mode or your internet connection isn’t working. We’ll show you a few ways to resolve the error. Some fixes include disabling offline mode, ensuring your internet connection is working, and turning off Outlook’s problematic add-ins. Table of Contents Fix Outlook by Disabling Offline Mode
A possible reason Outlook can’t connect to your email server is that your internet connection has problems. As a result, any apps that rely on connecting to the internet will also not function. A quick way to check if your network connection is working is by opening a web browser on your device and launching a site like Google.
Ending processes in Task Manager. Right click on any space of the Taskbar and select Task Manager. Under the Processes tab, locate all Office processes. Select an Office process and then choose End task. Repeat this for each Office process listed.
You're unable to connect to a mailbox. You experience feature-related issues (Mail, Calendar, or Contacts issues, for example). To fix these problems, set up Office to automatically update to the latest version. To do this, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation. Office 2013 Start an Office 2013 program.
On Windows. Press Windows + R, type control, and click OK. Search for “mail” in the search bar and click Mail (Microsoft Outlook). On the Mail Setup window, click the Show Profiles button. On the Mail window prompt, click Add to create a new profile. On the New Profile prompt, enter the new profile name.
Only one user with the issue at the moment, but occasionally Outlook gets stuck on “Trying to connect” with modern authentication enabled. Shortly after Teams usually stops working as well. Restarting fixes it in the short term, but we have tried pretty much everything (including a full device reset).
We have an issue where certain users, when setting up outlook 2019 and trying to connect to our local Exchange 2016 server, it keeps trying to reach out to Office 365. Background is that we were trying out Office 365. We decided to not go with it and turned it off and we believe turned off all the syncing and such.
When trying to go through the process of adding my email to Outlook, it keeps showing the Something went wrong box when trying to connect. Steps taken: Removed current office 365 from Windows (Settings > Account > Access work or school) Clear all credentials from Windows Managed Credentials. Removed Outlook profile in settings.
Might be something to do with the wnic being turned off for power saving in the driver. Can try disabling that, but I'm not too confident it's the solution.